Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pro Longwear is Long


One product I feel has been overlooked by the make-up community is M.A.C's Pro Longwear Lipcolor.

This is a line of lip products where the lip color sticks to your lips for a LONG time.

It's a cream consistency which you coat only once and let dry for about 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, you coat it with a clear gloss to give it a moisturized look.

in the color Unchanging

These colors shouldn't fade through anything. They last even when eating and drinking.

I like how I don't need to rub my lips together every few minutes to make sure my lipcolor isn't drying off. The color pretty much stays put.
I do have to say though, after a while, I felt as if the product began to slowly brittle. Obviously these types of lip products last a good deal through the toughest events like eating and drinking, but eventually would need a tiny re-application. Meh, maybe my lips weren't properly exfoliated.


Note: If you are someone who compulsively changes lip colors throughout the day, you may not necessarily like this product: It's a bitch to take off. Using baby wipes or water doesn't get the job done, you want to use an oil-based make-up remover, which I'm not sure we all carry around in our cosmetic bags (except you crazy ones out there O_o!)

Cover Girl made a similar product called Cover Girl Outlast Double Lipshine Lipgloss. They both do the same job and last about the same amount of time. The only difference is the shades.
M.A.C's lipcolor (above) is the only shade I am (currently) able to stand. It's very close to M.A.C's Fabby Lustre lipstick. Cover Girl's colors are very misleading. One simple, dicrete shade appeared quite loud and darker when applied. Not very helpful and ended up being a waste of money.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I looove you’re blog. It’s so cute.
    I’m following sweetie.
    Take a look on my blog - http://sketchbooksix.blogspot.com/
    Follow me if you want =)
    And you can add me too on facebook or twitter to get updates - http://www.facebook.com/pages/sketchbooksix/115911201780153.
    http://twitter.com/sketchbooksix
    ♥, Johanna

    ReplyDelete